Older readers might remember my Trouser Quest last year, to find the perfect trouser pattern. For me that pattern is New Look 6713, recommended by and borrowed from my neighbour. After fitting and altering the basic pattern, I have made this pattern three times now and the latest version is my favourite.
And a red poker dot waistband lining that you might recognise as left overs from the Spooky Doll Project.
It had been home sewn. The seams were not finished and hems and facings had been hand stitched.
The dress was enormous on me but the construction was so simple that all I needed to do was to move the side seams inwards by three inches on each side. I added a zip in one of the side seams and took up the hem a couple of inches.
Then I froze for a couple of minutes to take this pic. Our Dear Boy made the Lion Mask which has quite the look of a Sun about it.