The three Norns continue to spin our fates at the foot of the Yggdrasil, Tree of the World.
Sometimes a fine thread, thin to almost breaking and sometimes a firm, confident yarn.
No matter the spinning of the moment, over the weeks and months and years, enough is made for us to knit up our lives into a useful and thoroughly beautiful garment. Good spinning you Norns.
- follow my thread wherever it leads me
- make real those things I see in my mind’s eye
- be bold and fearless in my making
That is a pretty good guide for the year I reckon. My first one was just a giant list of projects, deadlines and arrows going everywhere. It was so joyless and alarming, I had to go and have a lie down. This one is workable and inspiring yet calm and dignified.
You will of course see how it all unfolds, right here and I will so enjoy hearing your thoughts as we go along. Other blog specific plans for Needle and Spindle include
- a monthly post of interesting bits, pieces and gewgaws called Inside the Ribbon Tin
- a series on sustainability and fibre choices so I can finally get this bowl of spaghetti all sorted in my own mind
- lots and lots of making.